Business Development Specialist
Department: Business Development
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
The Business Development Specialist will use traditional and digital sales tools to identify and nurture prospective customers, present new opportunities to current and prospective customers, maintain extensive knowledge of sign and lighting industry trends and monitor account and market conditions. The successful candidate will actively work with other departments to ensure customers and prospects are WOW-ed with exemplary customer experience.
- Meet planned sales goals; Work collaboratively to implement Persona’s strategic sales plan and assist in achieving company-wide goals.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships; Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of their relationship with Persona.
- Identify new account opportunities and engage with Persona leadership to establish account-specific sales strategies.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Utilize traditional and digital tools to communicate with customers, including e-mail, text/SMS, web, video and other technologies.
- Analyze sales and customer data; create sales reports and realistic forecasts based on key performance indicators.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High school degree or equivalent required; Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in sales, account-based sales and marketing, or customer relations/account management; National/corporate account experience and cross-functional sales team (sales/marketing/operations) experience preferred.
- Experience researching and developing contacts/relationships; customer relationship management (CRM) software experience preferred.
- Experience writing vertical or territory-based sales plans is valued.
- Additional experience working with both traditional and digital sales and lead generation tools (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, lead generation, e-mail, text/SMS, social media, video conferencing) is valued.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent persuasion, communication and negotiation skills, including strong public speaking skills and ability to present information clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences (manager, director and C-level professionals).
- Dedication to customer service, quality and value.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and trends.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to analyze customer and sales data.
- Active listening and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize time effectively in order to meet established goals, adapt to changing priorities, and work independently and/or remotely.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Typical days and hours worked are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Travel may be required.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.