Facility Lead / Maintenance Technician
Supervisor: Plant Manager
Location: Madison, South Dakota
Persona is looking for a Facility Lead / Maintenance Technician to join our team. The person in this role will conduct all plant handling, maintenance and repair of production plant facilities, equipment, systems, buildings and grounds operations. Our ideal candidate is someone who values high quality, precision and doing things fast and right. Must be able to work independently on many projects at once while maintaining accuracy.
- Fill out requisitions in FIIX software.
- Inventory materials used in production.
- Track completion of work orders.
- Follow and create hazardous materials storage procedures and rules.
- Conduct operation of wastewater treatment system.
- Process the monthly scheduled safety inspections, lifting slings and chains, overhead crane inspections, ladders, fire extinguishers, exit lighting and emergency lighting, etc.
- Update the Preventative Maintenance (PM) logs for plant equipment, buildings, and HVAC.
- Be certified and trained for chemical spill cleanup/containment.
- Actively promote safety and accident prevention by continually observing all safety practices, rules and standards throughout each working day.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associate Degree/Technical or Trade school preferred
- Electrical experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Cognitive thinking skills
- Tool Knowledge Including but not limited to: Tape Measure, CNC Folder, Forklift, Plasma Arc, Cutting Torch, Overhead Crane, Iron Worker, Saw, Drill Press, Power Shear, Multimeter
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time Day/First Shift position with some overtime varying (shift hours may vary)
- First shift core hours are: 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Second shift hours are: 2:30 p.m. to 1 a.m., Monday-Thursday
- Third shift hours are: 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday-Thursday
- Lift 50 lbs regularly
- Stand/walk 8-12 hours/day on a hard surface
- Work long hours in a warm or cold work environment
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.