New Product Introduction Engineer
The New Product Introduction Engineer will be responsible for the transition of new products and processes from engineering to manufacturing and the supply chain. This position will work closely with product engineering to define manufacturing requirements within the New Product Development process.
The NPI Engineer will manage cross-functional deliverables, develop schedules, track progress against these plans, and ensure new products are brought to market on time with expected quality and cost performance. This includes managing the project from early prototype builds through the launch of full production.
· Act as primary liaison between Product Development, Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, actively facilitating design reviews, sales onboarding, purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, etc.
· Work closely with Design Engineering to proactively influence product and process design for better manufacturability
· Develop manufacturing plans for assigned projects. Topics include raw and finished goods material planning, ramp/capacity planning, cost roadmap, etc.
· Drive improvement projects to maximize gross margin
· Prepare process documentation to support product launch
· Manage customer samples and product qualification builds; work with the operations team to provide special instructions as required
· Assist in directing and controlling processes in accordance with defined policies and procedures and assist with analyses and audits of processes to make recommendations on such items as safety, quality, cost, waste reductions, and efficiency
· Influence manufacturing, ensuring readiness of all major new product portfolios
· Engage with Manufacturing Engineers, Production Supervisors and operators to drive the successful transition of products from early development to product release.
· Ensuring the highest level of quality with finished product
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline required
· Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering is highly preferred
· Experience leading & implementing Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement manufacturing projects
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position supporting all departments. Hours will depend on meeting objectives but will generally be Monday – Friday during regular operational hours.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.