Supervisor: Operations Manager
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Persona is looking for an Production Supervisor to directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators. The ideal candidate is a dynamic go-getter who can lead and inspire others.
- Supervises lead people/employees.
- Monitors work priorities, scrap material, absenteeism and tardiness.
- Trains and communicates with employees.
- Promotes company policies, philosophy and team effort.
- Helps with machine and process problems and rework.
- Evaluate current systems and procedures to continuously improve, i.e. work simplification.
- Evaluate merit reviews for department employees.
- Conduct meetings to give direction and resolve problems.
- Work with and through employees to set and achieve departmental goals.
- Communicate with other supervisors and managers as need dictates.
- Assure conformance with company quality standards.
- Complete numerous duties and responsibilities.
- Enforce company safety policies procedures and practices.
- Maintain on time delivery for internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management preferred.
- 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with some overtime varying.
- 1st shift: 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- 2nd shift: 2:30 p.m. to 1 a.m., Monday-Thursday
- 3rd shift: 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday-Thursday
- Weekend shift: 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Production and processing knowledge
- Mechanical tool knowledge
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills.
This position will require an employee to be able to be in motion on a hard surface. Will also be in office setting working with computers and attending meetings.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.