Supervisor: Sales Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Watertown, SD
Persona Inc. is searching for a results-driven individual who will actively seek out and engage customers, providing complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth and profitability. The right candidate will need to take charge, work independently and problem solve to get the job done. This person will not be afraid to make decisions and stand behind them. The right person will be responsible for generating leads via telephone and email, advancing the sales process, actively closing new business and achieving/assisting in the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. This person will also actively work other departments to ensure customers and prospects are “wow-ed” with a satisfactory customer experience.
- Reach out to customer leads from tradeshows, trade publications, corporate provided lists, direct mailings and phone.
- Effectively close sales, achieving agreed upon sales targets and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships, understanding the Customer’s needs.
- Works with Sales Manager to set sales goals and forecasts.
- Works with and transitions projects to the Project Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring Persona has received proper deposit amounts for projects prior to order placement.
- Communicate project updates with the customer regularly.
- Responsible for maximizing the profitability of the account through proper levels of I/C, freight markups, SNI, RMA’s, sales warranty, COQ, and custom sign pricing.
- Ensures AR is held to acceptable standards that have been set by management.
- Continuously improve performance through feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School Degree or Equivalent required
- Proven track record in sales preferred
- Familiarity with CRM along with the ability to build productive professional relationships with customers preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent persuasion, communication and negotiation skills, including strong public speaking skills and ability to present information clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences (manager, director and C-level professionals).
- Dedication to customer service, quality and value.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and trends.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to analyze customer and sales data.
- Active listening and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize time effectively in order to meet established goals, adapt to changing priorities, and work independently and/or remotely.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Typical days and hours worked are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Travel may be required.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.