Shipping & Receiving Specialist
Supervisor: Production Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Persona is searching for a patient and consistent person to pick all items to ship and put away inventory as it arrives. If you are a calm, reliable worker who likes stability and clear direction, we need to talk to you.
- Prepare all Bills of Lading and Address Labels for outbound shipments.
- Coordinate shipping requirements among all departments and loading of freight in Large Frames area.
- Consolidate loads if possible, to reduce transportation costs.
- Effectively coordinate inter-plant shipments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Sign off Bills of Lading.
- Operate computers and printers associated with Shipping.
- Prepare special paperwork for UPS/FedEx shipments, COD shipments, etc.
- Prepare each day’s ship list.
- Account for, sort, and deliver completed job orders to Accounting at the end of each day and for preparing shipped list.
- Ensure hazardous material are labeled and documentation is complete and correct for shipment.
- Coordinate with LTL freight carriers for pick-ups.
- Coordinate special/rush orders with Sales to ensure timely shipment of those orders.
- Keep work area neat and organized.
- Responsible for assisting with common carrier loading as necessary.
- Actively promote safety and accident prevention by continually observing all safety practices, rules and standards throughout each working day.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous Shipping experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Organization and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position will require an employee to be able to be in motion on a hard surface as well as sitting at a computer. Lifting, bending, and stretching will be frequent. Noise level of an average production floor.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.