Supervisor: Accounting Manager
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Persona is looking for an Accountant to join our team. If you have worked in the manufacturing industry before and have advances accounting skills, we are interested in speaking with you. In this position, you will report direct to the Accounting Manager and provide your knowledge and expertise when performing manufacturing accounting, inventory analysis and preparing month-end and year-end financial reports. You should possess excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and find solutions to increase profitability and decrease costs. Our ideal candidate should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for Persona.
- Monthly financial statements
- Cross-train the inventory and month-end processes
- Assist with the gathering of information, reconciliations, journal entries, etc
- Prepare the month-end financial statements that are presented to the Management Team
- Review, investigate and correct transactional issues: answer questions from other departments
- Prepare and reconcile subsequent reporting
- Margin Analysis
- Apply, analyze, adjust, and reconcile freight and freight margins
- Analyze and reconcile Sales Gross Margin
- Absorption of Direct Labor and Overhead
- Prepare various daily, weekly, monthly reporting for the Management Team
- Quarterly review of old open PO’s, Quotes and SO’s
- Accounts Receivable
- Assist with monthly invoicing
- Assist with moving money from unapplied/quotes to orders
- A/R meetings with the Sales Reps regarding hard to collect customers (weekly)
- Freight costs for Persona (adding, correcting and analyzing)
- Assist with Raw, WIP, and Finished Good inventory monitoring from start to close
- Prepare random audits
- Do Cost Center reports and analyze the results
- Payroll Backup
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Management
- 1 – 2 years Accounting Experience in a professional environment desired
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position Monday through Friday. Hours will vary to cover all work shifts.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.