For many business owners, their signs are just an afterthought. That’s unfortunate, because studies have shown that a sign may be your best investment to ensure a successful business. Here are eight reasons why.
1. Signs help customers find you. This may seem obvious, but sometimes people will forget that signs help customers find the business. So make sure you have a sign at the road, but also on the building. This way people can find the business and know in which building it is located. Signs attract 50 percent of a start-up business’s new customers. The value of a quality business sign cannot be overstated; half of customers who come into any business do so because of the sign displayed out front.
2. Signs help increase revenue. Studies show that adding or changing a sign directly improves sales revenue. For example, a restaurant that adds a large pole sign increases sales revenue by an average of 15.6 percent. In retail, adding your sign to the main plaza identification sign increases revenue by an average of 7.7 percent.
3. Signs advertise 24/7/365. Eighty-five percent of your customers live or work within a five-mile radius of your business, which means they potentially see your sign 50 to 60 times a month. This makes your sign an important advertising tool. If you want to grow your business, focus on this customer base.
4. Signs create impulse sales. Today’s shoppers are looking for convenience. They are most likely to shop at the first convenient place that is selling what they are looking for. A study showed that 17 percent of people who did not intend to shop at a store stopped there anyway because they saw the sign.
5. Signs cost less than other forms of advertising. Compared to TV and newspapers/print, the advertising impressions gained from on-site signage is significantly less expensive. A single, on-site sign costs 2 cents per 1,000 views, while a newspaper ad costs $2.81 per 1,000 views and a single TV add costs $9.82 per 1,000 views.
6. Signs guide people around the business. This is one aspect that a lot of major retail stores have started to use to their advantage. Interior signs help guide people to the different sections of the store. However, even in a small business, this will help people learn their way around the location. When you use these, make sure they are in a visible location.
7. Signs brand the company. Displaying your company’s name and logo will build your brand. People will start to recognize your logo and the name of your business.
8. Signs can announce specials or sales. By announce a sale or other special you will draw extra customers. Signs can help you draw in crowds from the road.
Persona is one of the nation’s largest sign companies. With 40 years of expertise and three manufacturing facilities, we can design, build and install your sign and improve your business. Call us today!