Business Development Manager Watertown South Dakota
Department: Business Development
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Location: Watertown, SD
Salary Range: Negotiable
Closing Date: Open until filled
Persona is searching for a confident, results driven customer-oriented leader that leverages an analytic, strategic and consultative approach to deliver exceptional value to customers and the company. A successful person in this position will work in a senior sales position within the company. Individual must work with the internal team, marketing staff and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize profitable growth for Persona.
The Business Development Manager will use traditional and digital sales tools (including CRM) to identify and nurture prospective customers, present new opportunities to current and prospective customers, maintain extensive knowledge of sign and lighting industry trends and monitor account and market conditions. The successful candidate will actively work with other departments to ensure customers and prospects are WOW-ed with exemplary customer experience.
• Research leads and develop new business opportunities for signage, lighting and branding solutions with large multi-site clients or for high value one-offs
• Acquire, grow and own customer relationships with new accounts
• Work collaboratively to implement Persona’s strategic sales plan and assist in achieving company-wide goals.
• Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships; Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of their relationship with Persona.
• Identify new account opportunities and engage with Persona leadership to establish account-specific sales strategies.
• Identify cross-selling opportunities for other complementary products and services
• Utilize traditional and digital tools to communicate with customers, including e-mail, text/SMS, web, video and other technologies.
• Analyze sales and customer data; create sales reports and realistic forecasts based on key performance indicators.
• Lead Business Development Strategies for accounts
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Proven track record and experience in winning profitable sales, preferably in construction-related fields
• National/corporate account experience and cross-functional sales team (sales/marketing/operations) experience preferred.
• Experience researching and developing contacts/relationships; customer relationship management (CRM) software experience preferred.
• Additional experience working with both traditional and digital sales and lead generation tools (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, lead generation, e-mail, text/SMS, social media, video conferencing) is valued.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent persuasion, communication and negotiation skills, including strong public speaking skills and ability to present information clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences (manager, director and C-level professionals).
• Consultative selling abilities with construction-related field and product knowledge
• Dedication to customer service, quality and value
• Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and trends
• Ability to analyze customer and sales data
• Active listening and critical thinking skills with the ability to form sound working relationships with internal colleagues as well as external customers, stakeholders and partners
• Ability to manage and prioritize time effectively in order to meet established goals, adapt to changing priorities, and work independently and/or remotely
• Proficiency with CRM, Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Phenomenal ability to follow-up and serve the customer
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Typical days and hours worked are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Travel may be required.
This position will require an employee to travel up to 20% of the time. Employee must be able to be mobile and sedentary in an environment with the noise level of an average office.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.