Supervisor: VP of Procurement
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
This highly technical and specialized person must have assertive qualities. They will drive for best pricing while providing outstanding service and quality that meets company expectations. In addition, they must possess the ability to build lasting relationships with vendors to sustain value and mutual respect.
Assist the VP of Procurement in determining material needs and in planning and placing Purchase Orders for commodities assigned. Assist with inventory integrity within the assigned Organization, including material organization, adequate supply, cycle counting and disposition of overstock and obsolete product. Monitor inbound shipments of materials and supplies to ensure timely receipt of required materials.
• Operate the ERP system to procure materials for multiple company locations.
• Use weekly cycle count, requisitions, Min/Max Planning, MRP reports and physical inspection to ensure that optimal levels of inventory are maintained. Included in this responsibility: Raw, OSP items and FG, VMI, Supply and MRO items and Obsolete and MRB-RMA items
• Purchase materials for weekly stock needs as well as to fill requisition requirements.
• Process the site’s cycle counts to ensure accurate inventory levels, root cause research on count discrepancies and corrective action to assure issues are corrected.
• Work with plant leadership to ensure accurate Bill of Materials are being utilized.
• Contact vendors regarding status of material ordered or backordered.
• Perform ongoing cost reduction and containment activities to ensure the lowest overall cost is achieved.
• Work with the VP of Procurement to drive sound inventory management practices that minimize dollar investment, increases turns, payment terms and cash flow, including consignment, VMI and Just in Time philosophies.
• Research and request samples of new materials.
• Monitor and update Vendor Performance on selected suppliers
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
• Previous purchasing experience required
• BA in Business/Finance preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
• The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences
• Assertiveness and negotiation skills preferred
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours worked are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.