Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Department: General Administration
Supervisor: Group CEO
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Persona is searching for a confident, results driven leader with the ability to analyze, develop, implement and monitor situations and solutions in a collaborative environment.
The CFO heads the financial organization, overseeing all budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and long-term vision of the finances for the company. The CFO assist the CEO in the growth of the organization.
Strategy, Planning & Management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short and long-term growth plans for the organization
- Communicate, engage and interact with the CEO, COO, stakeholders and executive leadership team
- Create and establish annual financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion
- Select consultants, auditors and investors
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models
Financial Management: Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports including monthly profit and loss by department, forecast vs. budget by department and weekly cash flow by department
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives
- Develop monthly operating budget and annual operating budget
- Review all month-end closing activities
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure fund availability
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management areas
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors and officials
- Approve weekly cash management, approving large payables, sign checks and authorize large wires and ACHs
- Analyze acquisition and investment opportunities and make recommendations
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required
• CPA or CFA preferred
• Experience as a CFO preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in accounting or finance required
• Hands on ERP systems experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent persuasion, communication and negotiation skills, including strong public speaking skills and ability to present information clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences (manager, director and C-level professionals)
• Demonstrate leadership ability, confidence and executive presence
• Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
• Active listening and critical thinking skills with the ability to form sound working relationships with internal colleagues as well as external customers, stakeholders and partners
• Action orientated. Strong desire to always do what’s best for the company
• Ability to manage and prioritize time effectively in order to meet established goals, adapt to changing priorities, and work independently and/or remotely
• Proficiency with CRM, Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Phenomenal ability to follow-up and serve the customer
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Typical days and hours worked are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Travel may be required.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.