Color Matching Specialist
Supervisor: Digital Print Supervisor
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
This person will be responsible for providing color-matching solutions for various materials and substrates and managing the database with approvals for all accounts. This person will also manage the preventative maintenance activities and issue resolutions for each of the digital printers. This role will be responsible for actively researching and exploring opportunities to advance technology and its use within our printing department. This person will also oversee new employee training and ensure the proper use of the equipment to ensure that the company is achieving product to customer specifications.
• Oversee the preventative and restorative maintenance activities on all printers. This includes being the primary point of contact with EFI and other vendors as related to the printing equipment.
• Train new employees to utilize the equipment in the most efficient, safe, and productive manner.
• Produce approved color matches on each substrate as required to meet the customers specifications.
• Interface with Sales and external partners to ensure that the best color solutions are achieved for each account.
• Maintain a database with all approved color matches with the approved physical samples.
• Maintain the color profiles of each printer and ensure proper calibration of the printers on a periodic basis.
• Perform routine audits of the color output on each machine to ensure that each printer operates within its desired parameters
• Perform miscellaneous duties as directed.
• Actively promote safety and accident prevention by continually observing all safety practices.
• Keep work areas neat and organized.
Education & Experience
• Working knowledge or experience with Fiery XF; Fiery Pro-Server or equivalent RIP software
• Working knowledge of colorimeters and spectrophotometers
• Experience with digital printing, preferably Grand Format
• Bachelors degree in a technology field is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong Communication Skills
• Attention to detail and a relentless pursuit of perfection
• Strong computer skills with experience with Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Access…
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with work hours varying based on company needs.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary at a computer for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office in a manufacturing facility..
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.