To analyze facility layout, workflow, and work methods in order to initiate, maintain, and improve manufacturing support processes, costs, and controls in the manufacture of product.
• Improve workflow by developing new procedures and more efficient ways of producing products.
• Recommend equipment modifications and purchases.
• Improve labor utilization by evaluating work methods and designing new processes.
• Complete work improvement projects, machine upgrades and modifications including associated training of operators and supervisors.
• Work on facilitating prototype products with the input from Sales, Design, and Manufacturing.
• Design and coordinate line layouts, work stations, cell concepts, and set-ups for current and new products.
• Will work with welding, metal fabrication, painting, and thermoforming operations.
• Review drawings, BOM’s, fixture requirements, processes, and other supporting items to produce product.
• 5-why root cause analysis and 5S system for Lean manufacturing.
• Promote Quality & Safety initiatives in production.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering or related field required
• Experience and/or training in safe work environments, capital improvement and maintaining compliance with state federal regulations preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Communication- Keeps others well-informed. Strong Written and verbal communication. Excellent follow up.
• Ability to work with Others-ability to effectively interact, cooperate, collaborate and manage conflicts with other people in order to complete tasks and achieve shared goals.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Core hours are Monday- Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with varying overtime.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.