Marketing Communications Specialist
Supervisor: Director of Marketing
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
The Marketing Communications Specialist will create strategic marketing content that supports Persona’s business goals, including traffic to our website, social media, e-mail, and other digital channels. In this position, you’ll work with the Marketing, Sales, Business Development and Human Resources teams to develop new and innovative marketing communications content including social media posts, website content, blog posts, white papers, targeted emails and more.
You must have exemplary storytelling, writing and proofreading skills, as well as experience with photography (light), graphic design (light), and social media. Search engine optimization, data analysis, video and pay-per-click experience is a bonus! The role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. The Content Specialist must also be comfortable researching, proposing, and experimenting with digital trends in a primarily business-to-business environment.
As the Marketing Communications Specialist you will actively work with other departments to ensure customers and prospects are WOW-ed with exemplary customer experience. This is an intermediate level position with excellent opportunities for professional growth; entry level candidates with significant internship or other demonstrated experience will be considered.
Please provide a cover letter and resume in PDF format, 3-5 samples of your work, and a brief description of each sample item that explains why it’s a good representation of your talents. Samples must include at least one social media post. Submit the job application online and then email your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are being considered as they are received and the position will remain open until filled.
- Create content that drives leads, subscribers, awareness and/or other metrics.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Human Resources, and other teams to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audiences.
- Perform marketing communications-related research to continuously enhance Persona’s digital presence.
- Assist with proofreading or editing others’ content before publishing.
- Follow brand and style guidelines.
- Analyze data from digital channels; create reports and realistic forecasts based on key performance indicators.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, graphic design or communications; or demonstrated professional experience.
- 1-3+ years of experience in a similar role is preferred; entry level candidates with significant internship or other demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Past experience in writing, editing, photography (light), graphic design (light), and social media is required.
- Experience with blogging, search engine optimization, project management, HTML, data analysis/reporting, video and pay-per-click is a plus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time exempt position Monday through Friday. Hours will vary to cover all work shifts.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.