Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Develop and drive effective quality control processes throughout the organization, correcting and preventing quality concerns, setting and monitoring compliance of processes.
• Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
• Devise and review specifications for products or processes
• Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance
• Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
• Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements
• Approve conforming products or reject defective products
• Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
• Submit detailed reports to appropriate executives
• Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures
• Participate in Onboarding process to establish quality essentials for specific products and/or accounts.
• Analyze data using Quality tools as needed to drive to conclusions, recommendations and solutions (Ishikawa/fishbone diagrams, Pareto charts, SPC, etc.)
• Develop and implement Control Plans to maintain the gains of quality improvements
• Audit quality of our products and processes as needed, with frequencies to be determined to ensure compliance and conformance to requirements
• Assist sales staff with timely and cost-effective solutions to field failures.
• Document quality procedures as needed to drive continuous improvement
• Design and implement go/no go gauges and other devices to mistake proof processes and products
• Lead the improvement of quality throughout the organization, including sales, support, and manufacturing
• Investigate Quality Failures and Determine Root Cause(s)
• Identify and Implement Corrective and Preventative Actions to counter Quality Failures
• Promote continuous quality improvement and increased customer satisfaction daily
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of Quality control experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of Engineering Terms and Practices
• Knowledge with Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Critical Thinking Skills
• Deductive Reasoning Skills
• System Evaluation Skills
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours worked are Monday- Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.