Estimator Watertown, SD
Department: Technical Sales
Supervisor: Technical Sales Manager
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
To estimate costs of potential or existing customer’s specifications/expectations and arriving at conclusions of construction type and accurate costs.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of all estimating systems- both software and process flows, and communicating changes/updates to other departments.
• Assist in developing construction criteria, value engineering and costs for signage programs.
• Assist estimating and project managers in researching and correcting perceived low profit margin products.
• Assist in communicating changes in Production methods and procedures.
• Assist in the redevelopment of current products to improve the product and reduce costs.
• Assist in giving Sales a detailed description of signage quoted as well as listing deviations to the customer’s specifications and any potential problems that may arise.
• Return quotations to Sales in a timely fashion.
• Make suggestions on any improvements that will increase the efficiency and accuracy of the department.
• Assist Sales Teams with technical support regarding the manufacturing of sign products and installations.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Basic or General Mathematic Skills
- Knowledge of Construction/Fabrication is preferred but not required
- 1-2 years estimating experience preferred, but will train qualified candidate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Mechanical Aptitude
• Inductive reasoning skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Must be Self-Motivated and Goal Driven
• Good Communication and People skills are needed
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Typical days and hours worked are Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.