Supervisor: Vice President of Procurement
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
This highly technical and specialized person must have an eye for details. You will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative tasks in the Purchasing department as well as learning the nuances of the position. You will need to be assertive to drive for best pricing while providing outstanding service and quality.. In addition, you must possess the ability to build lasting relationships with vendors to sustain value and mutual respect.
Primary job duties are to learn Purchasing responsibilities and tasks in Purchasing and Procurement. Will need to determine material needs, plan and place Purchase Orders to coincide with existing demand, manage inventory levels to maximize turns consistent with goals established for assigned materials.
- Control the Estimating Log, material quotes, and create item numbers for outsourced items and securing product once ordered by customer.
- Identify potential vendors and negotiating pricing and service levels for commodities assigned.
- Operate ERP system to procure materials for company locations.
- Use requisitions, Min/Max Planning and MRP reports to ensure that minimum levels of inventory are maintained.
- Maintain inventory turns that meet or exceed goals set for the commodities assigned.
- Purchase materials for weekly stock needs as well as to fill requisition requirements.
- Contact vendors regarding status of material ordered or backordered.
- Perform ongoing cost reduction and containment activities to ensure the lowest overall cost is achieved.
- Research and request samples of new materials.
- Monitor and update Vendor Performance on selected suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Post Secondary education preferred but not required
- 1 year purchasing or business experience preferred
- Previous experience with computers preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft Office and Outlook experience
- Accuracy when entering information
- Compare similarities and differences quickly and accurately
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours worked are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Travel may be required.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.