OTR Truck Driver Watertown, SD
Supervisor: Installation and Logistics Manager
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Persona is looking for a conscientious, detail-oriented person to be our driver. The ideal candidate will be loyal, have attention to detail, a cooperative attitude, and ability to do a job well time and time again. Come be a part of our team and be rewarded for your high-quality work.
Carry loads for our customers between our South Dakota facilities and various destinations. Pickup and Deliver 3rd party loads on the way back to South Dakota. Driver will also help with loading/unloading of packages as needed.
- Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle and report any issues to management
- Perform preventive maintenance on vehicle as needed
- Responsible for keeping the equipment in spotless condition
- Manage routes and routines to proceed in the most efficient way possible
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have a Class A CDL
- 2-year OTR experience required
- Attention to detail is a must
- SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Have an acceptable driving record- no moving violations for past 3 years
- No DUI within 10 years
- No more than 1 preventable accident in the past 2 years, no major accident within 5 years.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical and drug test
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full time position. Driver will submit to all DOT rules and regulations. Must be able to work a flexible schedule that’s as many as 12 to 14 hours in a day. Flexibility will be needed to help with customer demands and that may require an occasional Saturday or Sunday but never both.
This position will require long periods of sitting while also needing to help maneuver freight. Ability to lift 50 lbs. is required. This position is performed in outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.